Sunday, May 04, 2008

Semester End Saturday Celebration!


I thought it was cute, but also a bit sad and very truthful when I asked Leila what we should write on the banner to welcome Sam home from his last final. I thought along the lines of "Congratulations". I think Leila nailed it. (I'm not sure why this is underlined, but it is. I'm still figuring out this blog thing.)

Leila is excited to go. Mia on the other hand is working to just be there. She had spent the previous day and the night before that emptying the contents from her stomach into a metal bowl. The poor thing, that was her first bad stomach sickness.
Lucy is just happy to be.
We then went to Dairy Queen. Apparently there has been a Dairy Queen hidden on a street that we always drive on. I saw it a couple of Sundays ago and had Sam turn around, just to make sure that was really what it was. Yep, sure was. So, we finally remembered to go there yesterday. I will admit it was a bit ghetto. Sticky floors and tables, only one lightbulb was on in the whole dining area and apparently they don't fill up the dining room completely and so they see no point in taking all of the chairs off of the table tops (as you can see in the pics). They still had the good ole "Hot Eats and Cold Treats". Leila looks like she could be in one of their ads. What a sweetheart.
Mia on the bike in Walmart. 

We did it! We got through one more semester of law school! Sam finished up his last final on Saturday morning and now we have him in the evenings for a whole week before Summer School starts. It's pretty crazy, but from what everyone says life just stays crazy. So, yes, I'm super excited to have him finish up school in December but, I also am doing my best to totally love and embrace today. The thing that I have noticed the most since I have been working on embracing the day, is that there are some really awesome cars on the road. My favorite of yesterday was a dad driving an old Hurst and he had his son that looked like he was about 5 or 6 in the front passenger seat with his dark black shades on and his arm resting on the window. The boy was so cute and reminded me of my little brother at that age. Then Sam and I reminisced about the funny style of shades when we were kids. The black shades with the neon colored on the sides. I think my little brother had several pairs of those. We also saw an ice cream truck for sale. That too reminded me of my little brother, Brad. When asked as a kid what he wanted to be when he grew up, he would say in a thick New York accent. "I want to be an ice cweam man". We tried to dissuade him, but he was pretty adamant.  We'll see what happens.  Here are some pics from our day.


1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love the sign. How cute. Hannah has started getting really excited when Dave comes home at the end of the day. I am sure that one of these days we will be making "welcome home" posters too.Oh, and poor Mia. She looks miserable.