Mother's Day was great. I woke up and Sam had made breakfast and had some presents set out at my place setting. Leila had made me a wooden necklace to wear to church and had made some drawings for me. Sam got me a beginner harmonica set (this is something that I have been wanting, so it is not that random, if that is what you are thinking). Then to church we went. The Primary kids sang a song during Sacrament Meeting and I will admit I was one of those moms that was crying before they even starting singing. Leila had been so excited about singing me a song in Sacrament. It was wonderful to see her go up there. She is getting so big, so quickly. Then after church the missionaries asked what time they would be over. "what?" I asked as they repeated themselves three different times. Then Sam finally stepped in. I guess I had signed up for dinner on Mother's Day. I had no idea it was Mother's Day when I had signed up, no wonder it was available on the missionary calendar. So, poor Sam had to change his cooking plans to include two hungry elders. It was a great dinner. A little plug for Sam- for a few months now he has cooked dinner every Sunday night. He is a really great cook. He even made a delicious blackberry pie (homemade crust and everything). I am thankful for the three little girls that have been planted in our family. They are all great company and a lot of fun and full of energy. I am thankful for a mother that has been and continues to be a great example to me, as is my mother-in-law. I am also thankful for my grandma that also had decided to be a mom and gave birth to my wonderful mom.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Mother's Day - Sunday May 11, 2008
Mother's Day was great. I woke up and Sam had made breakfast and had some presents set out at my place setting. Leila had made me a wooden necklace to wear to church and had made some drawings for me. Sam got me a beginner harmonica set (this is something that I have been wanting, so it is not that random, if that is what you are thinking). Then to church we went. The Primary kids sang a song during Sacrament Meeting and I will admit I was one of those moms that was crying before they even starting singing. Leila had been so excited about singing me a song in Sacrament. It was wonderful to see her go up there. She is getting so big, so quickly. Then after church the missionaries asked what time they would be over. "what?" I asked as they repeated themselves three different times. Then Sam finally stepped in. I guess I had signed up for dinner on Mother's Day. I had no idea it was Mother's Day when I had signed up, no wonder it was available on the missionary calendar. So, poor Sam had to change his cooking plans to include two hungry elders. It was a great dinner. A little plug for Sam- for a few months now he has cooked dinner every Sunday night. He is a really great cook. He even made a delicious blackberry pie (homemade crust and everything). I am thankful for the three little girls that have been planted in our family. They are all great company and a lot of fun and full of energy. I am thankful for a mother that has been and continues to be a great example to me, as is my mother-in-law. I am also thankful for my grandma that also had decided to be a mom and gave birth to my wonderful mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment