Sunday, February 05, 2012

Aerospace Museum of California

Yesterday was Sacrmamento's Annual Free Museum Day. We chose the Aerospace Museum of California. It was an amazing museum with tons to see and do. I could not believe the amount of airplanes, missles, jeeps, space suits, ejection seats etc that we got to see. I just could not capture how cool this place was with pictures. My favorite part was standing inside this big old military plane and seeing where the paratroopers would hook up and jump out of the plane. It was a history becomes more real moment for me. 

Amelia and Lucy

Lucy and Amelia

Lucy and Amelia

Leila, Amelia and Lucy ready for take off!

Amelia and Leila

Leila and Amelia

Amelia in that old plane that I was talking about with the paratroopers. 

Leila

Lucy

Amelia

Joy coloring an airplane picture. 

Lucy and Amelia

Joy at the playground afterward. 
And before going to bed that night Lucy was talking to me about how she was going to get to Mars. She came up with the idea that when she gets on an airplane she will tell the pilot to take her to Mars. Then she cheered, "Woohoo!" while jumping all around her room! They plan on a mission to Mars in 2034 (I think)- will Lucy be part of the crew? We shall see.

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Swenson said...

What a fun day!! When I was younger, I was sure that someday I would be going to the moon--perhaps on my honeymoon! I hope Lucy gets to go to Mars!