This was the main reason for the trip to Utah- to go to the Klc Family Reunion. It was in the backyard of my Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Tom's home, just like when we were kids. Except when we were kids we all slept out in tents in the backyard. This was over at dusk. I wish that I had documented it better. The girls all had a blast and it made me so happy to see them make good friends with my cousins' kids. It was definitely nostalgic to see the girls playing with my cousins' children, who all looked kind of like their parents and doing the same things that we did as kids- play in the pool, water balloon volleyball, even the swingset was the same, roasting marshmallows, eating hawaiian haystacks and roasting marshmallows. It was also great to see a lot of family that I had not seen in a while. We also watched some home videos of the first Klc Family Reunion. It was crazy seeing Uncle Gary and Uncle Tom looking younger than me. It really brought to light the circle of life as I sat there with my four daughters. It doesn't seem too long ago that I was sitting there as the role of a daughter and I am sure that it doesn't seem all that long ago that Tom and Gary were there as newly married couples. After the reunion and seeing Grandpa and Rayma earlier that morning I felt like the trip was well worth the work that it took to get there. We look forward to the next Klc Family Reunion and will do our best to be there.
| Lucy hitting the pinata |
| Amelia hitting the pinata |
| Leila whacking the pinata |
| Cousins, Aunt and Uncles enjoying the day and each other's company |
| Amelia snuggled up with Aunt Mary Jane. We stayed at their home the night before, which was wonderful. |
| My cousin and her husband. |
| Having a great time in the trampoline. |
No comments:
Post a Comment