
We had a couple of nice days and now it is horrible outside. Right now the temperature is 106 and has been like this for the past week. This does not help the wildfires. I just got back from play McDonalds and it looked like there was lots of fog all around, but it is smoke from the fires. California is burning and it is pretty scary.
Here are the statewide fire statistics: (these numbers are total fires and acres that have occured beginning on June 20, 2008)
- Total Fires at Peak: 1,781
- Total Fires Contained: 1,458
- Total Active Fires: 323
- Total Acres Burned: 675,631
These are the Statewide Resources Committed:
- Personnel Committed: 18,954
- Fire Engines: 1,530
- Hand Crews: 388
- Dozers: 259
- Water Tenders: 398
- Helicopters: 110
These firefighters are amazing. They are working so hard. When my dad came through on his motorcycle he said that he drove through a lot of smoke and stayed at the same motel as some of the fire fighters. He said that they came back at night with soot all over them. They are amazing, just as I was driving around town today I was amazed at the few people I saw out walking or biking around at such high temperatures. I could not imagine fighting fires.
No comments:
Post a Comment