Monday, July 28, 2008

The Gunny Sack

Sam told me about the I am sure unliked Gunny Sack that used to eat the toys that were left out. So, we started to tell the girls about the gunny sack (even though we don't yet have one). 
Then today Leila and I had this conversation:

Mom: Leila, you better clean up those books before the gunny sack comes to eat them.

Leila: The gunny sack doesn't eat books.

Mom: I think if they are left out, he does.

Pause

Leila: Does the gunny sack eat bags too?

Mom: I don't know, honey.

Leila: Mom, go check on the internet, ok?

I haven't done a search yet, but I am pretty sure that this will not exist on the internet. I feel slightly bad that she thinks that the gunny sack is this mysterious creature that comes out when she is not looking instead of a mom walking around filling a pillow case with a mouth drawn on it with left out toys. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Swenson said...

Erica,

I have laughed so hard about this. Wish I still had old "Gunnie" so I could hand it down. Maybe I'll do an internet search to see what he does eat.