


A flood could take it all. It has been flooding in the Midwest for days now. This event has humbled me. These particular photos have touched me. Photo #1 The top one is of a home that looks like it would be a dream home to me with the large porch and the older style. Too often in life I find myself thinking that I need my dream home to be comfortable, happy, stable... A house is a house and it can be taken just like this one was. In life, we need to remember where the ultimate comfort and peace comes from and not place so much emphasis on material things. Photo #2 I love because it shows humans being kind to one another. In the caption it had said that this man was helping a stranded resident into his boat. He had a boat and he used it to help others. There is a physical reliance on each other. Photo #3 is of neighbors giving hugs to each other after they both lost their homes. It shows an emotional reliance on each other.
Times of tragedy can be a humbling time for all of us, it is when we rely on each other and human connections are necessary in order to survive and petty things are forgotten.
1 comment:
Erica-
I love this post!!! I have been thinking lately how I feel so disconnected with events that are even happening a few hours away. I am glad that you reminded me to take the time to ponder what is going on in the world around me insted of being so focused on little ole me. Love you!
Post a Comment