Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Big Trees
Sam and I scored babysitters for the whole morning and afternoon the Saturday before our anniversary. We set out really early and headed to Big Trees to go for a nice hike. When I was a child in New York City I remember learning about the Redwood Forest and seeing pictures of these giant trees. I made a mental note that one day I would see them. A few years back I was filled with awe over these trees when we visited them with Nate and Heidi and family and have been looking for an excuse to go visit them again. So, that was what I planned for our 7th anniversary. It was neat to see them all still standing the same as when we were there a few years ago, almost like visiting an old friend. And amazing to think that some of these trees can go back 2,000 years. They've been slowly growing while we are all bustling around here and there and everywhere... they're just there, growing, growing, growing slow and steady.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry I didn't acknowledge your anniversary. I actually did think about it, but that was as far as we got. Sounds like you had a great time! Congratulations. I believe that 7 is lucky, so this should be a great year for you both.
I love those trees! You make me want to go back.
And you guys got some great photos.
Thanks for sharing!
-Ruth
Post a Comment