Tuesday, July 14, 2009
NOW is our time
The economy these days is so crazy and for a little while it almost got me. I found that I was constantly thinking about money and how we could improve our situation. We hear all the time about how this year is the year to buy a home because of tax credits etc. for first time home buyers. Well, we looked into it and even got pre-approved for this beautiful home in a perfect location... but even so, the numbers did not add up. We would be extremely tight... too tight. I was very disappointed when we came to the conclusion that we just could not do it. And trying to cheer me up Sam told me that, "We'll have our time". Now, I know that Sam was speaking specifically about being homeowners, but for some reason this statement did not sit well with me. After thinking about it I realized it was because- this is our time- now. Homeownership in my mind was more than just paying a mortgage- it was stability for our kids, it was a place for possible family get togethers, it was a place for me to beautify and to organize, it was a place to really start our lives together, it was a place where I could really dive into the PTA and community involvement.... so you could only imagine how crushing it was when I realized that we could not afford all of that. Then I really started thinking about it and discussing it with Sam and a couple of close friends and realized that we can give our children the moon and the stars and even though we can not give them a house we give them a home (and guess what?- in their minds I don't think there is too much of a difference) and we give them a mom that can stay home with them, a dad that has a job where he can go to a ballet recital or a camping trip or whatever else the family is up to, we give them a home in which we can provide all of the essentials of life and to me that is awesome. That is a gift from our Heavenly Father. So, as I have been learning over the past several years- NOW is our time and this time is included- Now is our time to accept where we are and be grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this post Erica. I have been feeling a lot the same way lately. Sometimes I have these moments of understanding and gratitude like you seem to be having. I agree that when we have our families and our health there isn't much else we really need.
Post a Comment